Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Pedal to the Metal

On Saturday 29th September I had an experience day, that was a prize from me winning the rookie champs at Whilton Mill Juniors last winter, booked at Rockingham Motor Speedway with the Racing School. My experience was 4 high speed laps around the main inner circuit not the speedway. I got driven around by an amazing driver called Malcolm, he was really friendly.
We arrived at about two o'clock to see some people out on the skid pan, it looked fun but we weren't there to just stare at others driving. We went into the visitors center ans signed in, we were told to go to the end of the room where we were then directed to go through the under track tunnel, it is a tunnel that goes under the track to the pits. We got to the pits where we then had to sign on again! I was going to be getting driven around in a red Lotus Elise. When I saw that people were going around in Lamborghini Gallardo's and Ferraris I was thinking that maybe it wouldn't feel that fast after all. I was wrong.
I didn't feel scared or apprehensive, which I was quite amazed at. Malcolm didn't need any warm up laps, it was full throttle all the way. He was an amazing driver, I felt completely safe as he was driving around even though I was being thrown this way and that in my seat, well moved I guess, but the seat belt kept me safe. On our way round we were passing all the Ferrari's, the Gallardo's, all of them. The reason for this was because they were being driven by people for driving experiences.
I had a great day. Thank you Whilton Mill Juniors, The Racing School and finally thank you Malcolm for making my time fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment