Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Easykart UK 2015 | Shakedown

February 14th, what better way to spend a Saturday than driving around Whilton Mill.

The annual Easykart pre-season Shakedown was held at Whilton Mill this year. The day started off damp, not wet but greasy, so wets were an obvious choice. Having been given a new helmet for Christmas, my old one was now able to be fitted with the helmet mount. This should give us a better view of my lines and steering etc. as I go around.


The first two sessions I was... not struggling but I definitely not going as fast as I would have liked. The third session however the track started to dry, meaning you could take an almost dry line with wet tyres. Lunch came and went, without any more rain so the slicks went on.
The 4th and 5th session were much more fun as I could drive my standard line. Got some decent overtakes in, and got the measure of the new Juniors. Fastest lap for me was a 49.0, not quick but I don't think it was a "quick" day.

All in all a great day testing and it was good to get back into the seat after a few months. Looking forward to Shenington in march.

Videos : Shakedown 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment